I am my Father’s Daughter


Harley Davidson
Although I look more like my mother, I am truly my father’s daughter.  He taught, and continues to teach, me to believe in myself and fear not what lies ahead.  One of his favorite quotes is “I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today” by William Allen White.  Not only is this one of my dad’s favorites but he also lives his life in this manner.

Daddies should be every little girl and boy’s hero.


My dad is still my hero. 

I remember my dad removing a splinter from my finger and all the while talking to me so that I didn’t even know he was done.  I still smile at this memory.  As a teenage girl, my dad was the one that I went to when I needed advice about boys.

These days there are a few miles and a phone between us but I still run to my dad when I need advice or to discuss my bountiful load of ideas.  I am very fortunate that my father is still alive and very much a part of my life. 

“I have a premonition that soars on silver wings.  It’s a dream of your accomplishment of many wondrous things.  I do not know beneath which sky or where you’ll challenge fate.  I only know it will be high.  I only know it will be great!” – Anonymous

Dads, Fathers, Daddies – none of you have an easy job and yet you make it look effortless.  You stay up late worrying about your family, work hard all day long, and somehow still have enough in you to sample our newest gastro-invention, play games with us, help with homework, and listen to our problems.

Honda Shadow 750This day is not about my dad but all daddies that continue to live in our hearts and memories.  Perhaps you are a dad, and for that accomplishment alone, you will forever be remembered and loved.








Before I was myself, you made me, me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Thrift Store Wedding

Thinking about Thanksgiving - Part 1

Pumpkin Carving Ideas