Follow Your Heart and Live Your Dreams


"Don't Let Life Get In The Way Of What You Want" -- Marie Lee (This is my daily mantra)


Steve Jobs gave a compelling speech that we all need to hear.  We may not incorporate his words into our daily mantra but they are epic nonetheless.

Many years ago I was asked when I was going to settle down and remain in one job.  My response was that I was looking for something that I love and when I find it the money will come.  In the meantime, I had enough faith that everything would take care of itself.  You know what?!  Some how there was always enough money at the end of the month to pay my bills.  I never gave up following my heart.

I didn't allow employers, family members, or friends pigeon hole me into something I wasn't.  I knew they were concerned and I loved them all the more.  I had to live my own life.

My life hasn't been the straight and narrow, clean cut life but it is mine and it has made me a better person.  I've met wonderful people, seen amazing things, and experienced more in my years than I could have ever imagined.  Like Mr. Jobs says, we can't connect the dots before but we can connect them after the fact.  Each dot has a purpose.

The next time you get the opportunity to meet a new person, take it!  When you are struggling it means you are growing, be thankful for the lessons.  I'm not going to sit here and say that every lesson is going to be easy or make sense.  It won't.  However, given enough time, it will all come together.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I... I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." -- Robert Frost

 

Comments

  1. I adore that speech by Steve Jobs - it is so inspiring and encouraging, and so is your post. It is good to know that you have followed your heart, and that your life is richer for it - I definitely think that is the key to real success.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments and help in spreading the news about this site is ALWAYS appreciated!

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Thrift Store Wedding

Thinking about Thanksgiving - Part 1

Pumpkin Carving Ideas