MorningStar Farms Chik'n Patties

***This is not a Vegan or Gluten-Free product***

I wish this were a vegan and gluten-free product.

When I have been really good with my eating, I like to treat myself once in awhile with one of these patties on a salad or sandwich.  Sometimes I want to be like other people.  It's not good to do this to my body and the repercussions are felt.

MorningStar Farms
MorningStar Farms Chik'n Patty SaladOn a few occasions though, I've made Chik'n Parmesan when guests have come over.  This is one of those dishes that is not only filling but everyone (meat lovers included) really like.  Here's my secret, they know I don't eat meat but as long as I don't say anything, they don't ask.

You know, with all the times Chik'n Parmesan has been served, not a single picture has been taken.  Wow, isn't that weird?

Tonight's dinner, however, is just for me.  A nice, fresh salad of mixed greens, vine-ripe tomatoes, red grapes sliced in half, one chik'n patty, bleu cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette.  Oh, and some gluten-free french bread along with a nice glass of wine.

I feel so cosmopolitan, chic, and well traveled.  ;-)



MorningStar Farms Chik'n Patty Salad

If you are able to tolerate, which DH is able, there are several other "meats" to enjoy that are full of protein.  However, for those of you who would like to enjoy a burger that is wheat-free/gluten-free/vegan here is a black bean burger you might want to try.  It too is delicious on a salad.

P.S., How do you handle times when you want to eat like other people?  What "bad" foods to eat - only to pay the price later?


Please share me with your friends! Please forward this post to your friends or better yet share on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.  THANKS!  Your comments and help in spreading the news about this site is ALWAYS appreciated!  Be sure to sign up to receive future articles delivered directly to your inbox.
Substance of Living

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Thrift Store Wedding

Thinking about Thanksgiving - Part 1

Pumpkin Carving Ideas