Mori-Nu Mates / Tofu Pudding

Mori-Nu Mates / Tofu Pudding
Ready to dive into that chocolate goodness?

Let me start off by saying that I don't really remember where I found these pudding packages.  I think it was at my local Earth Fare but they can be purchased online at Morinaga (Mori-Nu).

Have you ever noticed that whatever it is you are craving, it isn't in your house?  That seems to be the case so many times for me.  I think I'm going to be really good and not eat something so while I'm at the store, a conscious decision is made not to bring it home.  Well......

So, here I was craving chocolate ice cream and not having any in the freezer.  Frozen yogurt is usually a safe bet but I didn't have that either.  What's a girl to do?

I did have tofu though and I found a vanilla and chocolate pudding mix.  Mixed the chocolate all up and slipped it right into the freezer to harden a bit.


Chocolate Mori-Nu Tofu Ice Cream

The frozen version was a bit "icy" for me.  In fairness to the pudding package, it did not have instructions to make it into soy ice cream.  I think next time, I'll try adding some instant coffee to give it a bit more of a mocha flavor and try adding coconut cream to give it a little creamier consistency when frozen.  If I do that, it might be more like Wendy's Frosty or Arby's Ja-Mocha.  YUM!

Overall, I did like this as a pudding and will certainly try it again and perhaps make a chocolate dream pie.  The frozen version, like I mentioned above, needs a little work on my end.  :-)

If you're looking for some vegan recipes or ideas to entice children or non-tofu eaters, take a look at the recipe section of Mori-Nu.  Did you see their vegan version of key-lime pie?
 
P.S.,  Have you tried this product?  What is your favorite tofu recipe?  Did you have better luck changing this pudding into dreamy vegan version of ice cream?

Please share me with your friends! Please forward this post to your friends or better yet share on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.  THANKS!  Your comments and help in spreading the news about this site is ALWAYS appreciated!  Be sure to sign up to receive future articles delivered directly to your inbox.
Substance of Living

Comments

Post a Comment

Your comments and help in spreading the news about this site is ALWAYS appreciated!

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Thrift Store Wedding

Thinking about Thanksgiving - Part 1

Pumpkin Carving Ideas