What if we started a tradition of our own? Why not celebrate life, remember those who have passed, and group many of the spring and summer festivities into one? Think of the traditions golf tournaments, races, and other sports have and combine the best.
Mimicking some of the traditions of our favorite sporting events, we too can celebrate our winners in like fashion:
The Sports we LOVE!
Racing = Three-legged Race, Potato Sack Race
Football = Water Balloon Toss, Flag Football
Tennis = Ping Pong, Badminton, Volley Ball
Golf = Bocce Ball, Croquet
Boxing = Tug of War
- The WINNER drinks Milk or sprays Champagne
- How about drink milk or blow bubbles
- The WINNER wears a Memorial Wreath
- Create a Memorial Wreath made of silk red Tulips
- The WINNER wears a Jacket
- Have an Apron, Jacket or Floral Shirt
- The WINNER receives a Trophy
- Create a Trophy out of a Colander or from a Souvenir Glass
- The WINNER receives a Belt or Buckle
- Create a Sash
If you're looking for additional ways to celebrate this year's weekend, here are some more suggestions:
- Sarah Gilbert Four Frugal Memorial Day Celebrations by Sarah Gilbert shows us that we can have our fun and save money too
- Sydney Alcala shows us 7 Ways to Celebrate Memorial Day and Save Money
- Purple Trail has ideas for celebrations, menus, decorations, and invites
- Food Network has a lineup for the whole family
- Everything your Vegetarian and Vegan will enjoy
P.S., Have a safe and fun Holiday Weekend!
Please share me with your friends! Please forward this post to your friends or better yet share on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. THANKS! Your comments and help in spreading the news about this site is ALWAYS appreciated! Be sure to sign up to receive future articles delivered directly to your inbox.