Decadent Truffles

Decadent Truffles

The past few days, I've been craving chocolate.  Not any ordinary chocolate like a candy bar, ice cream, or cake but something that would melt in my mouth.  I wanted to feel like I was being pampered and getting away with something naughty.

Decadent TrufflesDecadent Truffles
 








Truffles!  That's what I wanted.  Alas, I didn't have any cream and really was being lazy about going up to the store.

This is what I had on hand:

  • 6 ounces Neufchatel Cheese
  • Vanilla extract
  • Confectioner's Sugar - some
  • Bakers Chocolate
  • Cocoa Powder
Decadent TrufflesDecadent TrufflesWas there a way to make truffles using ingredients on hand or was I really going to have to go out?  See, I was being totally lazy.

The search engines were kind to me and I "met" Meryl from MA.  Meryl is the photographer, cook, and writer at Inspired Bites.  She actually makes Cream Cheese Truffles in Two Flavors, with her main ingredients being what I have on hand.

Unfortunately, well fortunately for my waist, I didn't have enough powdered sugar or cream cheese to make a full batch.  So, I altered the recipe slightly.  This still made much more than I actually needed, but hey, who's watching, right?!

Here is Meryl's recipe:

  • 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, at room temperature 
  • 3 cups confectioner's sugar
  • 10 oz. high quality dark chocolate

Decadent Truffles

Decadent TrufflesThis is what I used:


  • 6 oz Neufchatel Cheese
  • 3/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1 1/2 cups Confectioner's Sugar
  • 18 oz. Baker's Chocolate (9 squares)


Allow the Neufchatel Cheese to come up to room temperature and soften a bit.

Slowly melt the Baker's Chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave.

In a bowl, combine the Neufchatel Cheese, Vanilla Extract, Confectioner's Sugar and then add the chocolate.

Mix until you have the desired marbling effect or the entire mixture is one color.

Chill the in the refrigerator until firm.

Using a spoon or a melon baller, scoop out and shape your truffles into about 1 inch balls.

Roll in crushed nuts, powdered chocolate, or dip in melted chocolate as Meryl did.

What is your favorite "go-to" when you're craving something sweet?  Is it ice cream, pie, cake, fruit, or a good old fashioned chocolate bar?

Okay, now tell us what you crave when you're wanting to be naughty.


P.S., Linking with Hearth and Soul Hop.

Please share me with your friends! Please forward this post to your friends or better yet share on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.  THANKS!  Your comments and help in spreading the news about this site is ALWAYS appreciated!  Be sure to sign up to receive future articles delivered directly to your inbox.

Substance of Living

Comments

  1. Your truffles look incredibly delicious! They would make such a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alea, thank you. Great idea giving them as gifts especially with the holidays coming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments and help in spreading the news about this site is ALWAYS appreciated!

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Thrift Store Wedding

Thinking about Thanksgiving - Part 1

Pumpkin Carving Ideas