Hosting Guest Posts from writers and bloggers like you is a key element in which Substance of Living will grow to its full potential. Substance of Living is about life. We aim to inspire, intrigue, and inform our readers in all aspects that may affect their life.
We, at Substance of Living feel that neighbors make neighborhoods and neighborhoods make communities. Regardless of each unique niche or specialty, Substance of Living invites bloggers and writers to share their knowledge. In doing so, our hope is to create a community.
Guidelines for Guest Posts
- Guest Post Content must be unique, not published elsewhere, or republished in the future.
- Your original post here on Substance of Living will be considered syndicated and further publishing might appear as plagiarism to search engines. That would hurt all parties involved.
- Personal in tone, allow your personality to show in your writing. Please do not make it blatant self-promotion.
- Articles must be family friendly in content and tone. The mention of alcohol or showcasing an alcoholic beverage is permitted.
- Please try to keep Guest Posts somewhere between 300-1500 words of readable, edited, spell-checked content. This is an opportunity to showcase your talent and introduce yourself to new readers.
- Please include a brief biography about yourself and your website. You are also encouraged to link to one of your most popular or favorite articles from your site.
- Encourage and reply to comments.
Types of Recommended Guest Posts
- Money Management
- Feng Shui
- Book Reviews
- Crafts / DIY Projects
- Physical Fitness
- Weight Management
- How To: Host a Party, Start a Dinner Club, Decorate, Make an Item
Links within a Guest Post
- For Guest posts, links are permitted to the writer’s personal blog or website.
- No direct links to anything pornographic or websites specifically targeted for over 18 audiences.
- Links are also permitted to the official websites that you mention. For example, if you are using a photo from another website or you want to mention where you found the original recipe/project for your inspiration.
- I encourage you to use your own great photos that accompany your guest post.
- If you do not have any photos that belong to you:
- All photos used must be licensed for this kind of use and not subject to copyright restrictions
- I may add a stock photo of my own to visually enhance the article
What happens next
- If you’d like to submit a Guest Post, please contact me with your idea or draft post by e-mail; substanceofliving(at)gmail(dot)com.
- Submit your post in Microsoft Word format or allow access to an unpublished html page.
- I want your Guest Post to be successful. Once a date is confirmed for your Guest Post publication:
- I will promote your website for seven (7) consecutive days prior on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and Substance of Living.
- I will promote your Guest Post on the day of publication and for three (3) consecutive days after.
- If you were to promote Substance of Living and your upcoming Guest Post on your social media sites and website, it would help increase publicity and get your readers/followers excited.
- On the day of your Guest Post, please have an entry on your website telling your readers where you are posting and what you are writing about.
- Once you have submitted a Guest Post via email and I accept it, .
- Submission of your Guest Post via email gives me express permission to use and edit the post.
- Please sign up to receive Substance of Living posts directly in your email, follow me on Twitter, Pinterest, friend me on Facebook, add me to one of your Google+ circles. I will do the same for you.