Books to Read During the Month of July 2013

This month's book selection is based on love.  I've been in love with my sexy hunk of a husband for over 13 years and let me tell you, these books taught me a few things.  Love comes in different forms - sometimes love is scary; blossoms through lies and doubt; it even follows us through to our next life.

Have you ever listed all the reasons why you love the one you're with?  Were you able to come up with 100 different reasons?
"Love is patient, love is kind.  It is not jealous, [Love] is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.  It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never fails..." -- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 The New American Bible for Catholics

Colters' Wife by Maya Banks
Colters' Wife



I Think I Love You by Stephanie Bond
I Think I Love You by Stephanie Bond



"Love me without fear, Trust me without questioning, Need me without demanding, Want me without restrictions, Accept me without change, Desire me without inhibitions.  For a love so free . . . Will never fly away." -- Dick Sutphen

Love, Lies & High Heels by Debby Conrad
Love, Lies & High Heels by Debby Conrad


Her Dear and Loving Husband by Meredith Allard
Her Dear and Loving Husband by Meredith Allard
  
Love Unlisted by Stephanie Haddad
Love Unlisted by Stephanie Haddad

I learned something from these books.  What I learned was that I like the fact that my love is pure and uncomplicated.  The love I feel for my handsome husband is respectful, healthy, fun, with a little bit of lust thrown in like frosting on a cupcake.

Please let us know what you thought of this month's book selection.  The only request we have is that your comments to be mindful of others and something you would say in the presence of your grandmother or a child.





P.S., Should you decide to purchase one of these books through the links, Substance of Living will receive a small percentage and will help keep this blog going.

Please share me with your friends!
If you enjoyed this post, please do a friend and me a BIG favor and forward this email. If you received this email from a friend and you'd like to see more, please sign up today. Don't miss out on future articles. Have Substance of Living delivered directly to your inbox.  THANKS!

Substance of Living

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Thrift Store Wedding

Thinking about Thanksgiving - Part 1

Pumpkin Carving Ideas