Happy New Year!
So much has happened in the past few months that DH and I didn't always know which way was up or in what direction we were going. Did it feel like that to you as well?
A quick recap of last year before moving on ...
- Substance of Living was born out of necessity, sanity, and the longing to reach out and meet new friends.
- DH and I moved into our dream home and neighborhood.
- Parties were hosted.
- Parties were attended.
- Patio on our back yard was laid.
- Holidays were enjoyed with family and friends.
What we've (moreover, what I've) learned, and what we had longed to have in other neighborhoods (come to find out, we probably could have) was people want to meet their neighbors and do things as a community. DH and I vowed that we would be proactive and put ourselves out there and meet people. Even if that meant leaving an invitation on their front door to come over for an evening to get to know other neighbors.
Moving forward and not necessarily making goals, but I'd like to see more of what we did last year become a part of this year. I'd like to become more active within the community of our neighborhood and county.
This year, I'd like to ...
- Host at least four parties in my home.
- Become more active in the performing arts.
- Plant bushes and flowers around the patio in the back yard. Any suggestions?
- Install an efficient lawn sprinkler.
- Continue bringing you more of the items you've enjoyed the most here at Substance of Living.
- Strengthen my friendships both face-to-face and across the miles, that includes those of you I've had the enjoyment to meet here.
P.S., What do you have planned for this year?
Please share me with your friends! Please forward this post to your friends or better yet share on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. THANKS! Your comments and help in spreading the news about this site is ALWAYS appreciated! Be sure to sign up to receive future articles delivered directly to your inbox.