|Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies|
We are serving Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies by Duncan Hines with tea this afternoon. Here's how we did it (of course I had to change up the actual recipe a bit as you'll see in the notes).
|Duncan Hines Signature Red Velvet Cake Mix|
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
Ingredients:(Taken directly from the box)
6 tablespoons Butter
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1 teaspoon Cornstarch
1 box Duncan Hines Signature Red Velvet Cake Mix
2 Large Eggs
1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Melt Butter and set aside.
- Combine Cornstarch and Powdered Sugar in a shallow bowl - set aside.
- Combine and mix by hand the Cake Mix, Cooled Butter, Eggs and Lemon Zest until dough forms.
|After the butter and eggs have been added, look at the color beginning to show.|
|Stir the mixture by hand.|
|Doesn't this look heavenly?!|
- Form dough into 1 inch balls by hand and roll in the powdered sugar mixture.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes on ungreased baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
|Cookies have been rolled in the powder mixture and ready to bake|
- Allow cookies to cool for about a minute on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
- You can use Vegan Butter but the picture is real butter because it looked so much prettier.
- Egg Whites or a vegan substitute can be used rather than whole eggs.
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice can be used in place of the lemon zest.
- Tapioca, potato or any other starch can be used in place of Cornstarch.
- As the cookies bake, the cornstarch/powdered sugar mixture dries and makes the tops of the cookies crack.
- DH and others tell me these were delicious and moist.
- These cookies would probably freeze well or at the very least keep for a few days in an airtight container. I haven't been able to test this theory as each time these cookies have been made they are all eaten within a day. If you're able to keep your cookies longer than a day, please tell me how you kept them and how you were able to keep the cookies hidden long enough. :-)
- I really need to try this with a gluten-free box cake and of course make it vegan. Oh hey! I might even get ambitious and make the cookies from scratch.
Tweet this Post
P.S., I was not compensated in any way to write this product review. All opinions are my own.
Please share me with your friends!
If you enjoyed this post, please do a friend and me a BIG favor and forward this email. If you received this email from a friend and you'd like to see more, please sign up today. Don't miss out on future articles. Have Substance of Living delivered directly to your inbox. THANKS!