Skinny & Co. Coconut Oil - Product Review

Skinny & Co. Coconut Oil in Sold and Melted Forms
Skinny & Co. Coconut Oil in Sold and Melted Forms

After my first conversation with Michael at Skinny & Co., I was super excited to try their coconut oil.  I didn't have to wait but a couple days and my coconut oil arrived in the mail.

My initial thought was, "Which recipe do I try or should I create something new?"  That thought was blown out of the water when I began reading about the benefits of using coconut oil raw.

Did you know that you can use coconut oil as a makeup remover, as a lotion for skin rash or reducing wrinkles?  I didn't.  In fact, I wouldn't have thought to use coconut oil in any other capacity except cooking.  I do use raw coconut oil to make my vegan butter.  I thought it would be too expensive to "waste" using it any other way than ingesting.

I have since changed my mind.

I now use a teaspoon in my morning coffee, use it to make vegan butter, lotion for my dry hands and feet, moisturizer on my face, and have begun wondering if it would be good for my kitty cats (need to do more research here before giving it to them).

I haven't actually worked out the cost of replacing my lotions, makeup removers, moisturizers, hair conditioner, or mouth wash with strictly using coconut oil.  What I have been able to come up with is that by using coconut oil I can save time shopping for all those products, reduce my carbon footprint, save pain and suffering on animals (to my knowledge Skinny & Co. does not test or work with companies that test on animals), and not put more chemicals into my body since Skinny & Co. is "the only 100% raw, medicinal grade coconut oil in the world".

Here are some of the things I've learned about using coconut oil in its raw form.  Not just any coconut oil but Skinny & Co.'s because of their unique harvesting location (Ben Tre Province in Vietnam) and pressing process ("Our NUTRALOCK SYSTEM ™ is a 'fifth generation' process that extracts the 100% RAW coconut meat by cooling and dehumidifying our virgin, hand picked coconuts.  Once extracted, our coconut meat is hand pressed to virtually eliminate friction."


I am all about self-education, so I want you to read the benefits of coconut oil for yourself:

Have you tried Skinny & Co. Coconut Oil?  If you have, please let us know what you think in the comments below.








P.S., Did you know that good karma is passed on through comments?! :-)
Please share me with your friends!
If you enjoyed this post, please do a friend and me a BIG favor and forward this email. If you received this email from a friend and you'd like to see more, please sign up today. Don't miss out on future articles. Have Substance of Living delivered directly to your inbox.  THANKS!

Substance of Living

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Thrift Store Wedding

Thinking about Thanksgiving - Part 1

Pumpkin Carving Ideas