Books to Read During the Month of June 2013

I am an avid reader.


I wasn't always a reader.  I'll bet that there are a lot of people out there like me, though.

Since graduating from high school, I went on to college and became hooked on books.  I literally have at two or three books going at all times.  Now, with options like the original hand-held hard or paperback books there are audio - cassette, CD, MP3, iTunes; electronic books provided by Kindle, Nook, e-Pub, and so many other juicy options.

Where do I get my books?  Local bookstore, library, Amazon, friends, and anywhere else a book might appear.  I've also been known to get books at wholesale stores, garage sales and charity stores.

These are the books I read last month.  It's not that I think you're interested in what I've been or am currently reading, but you might be curious about new options, authors, or genres.  I read everything.  I've been known to actually read a recipe book and believe it or not, my car manual.

I'm not going to tell you whether I really enjoyed a book or not because I'm more interested in your opinion.

If there is one thing that is true about books, it is that books never change only our thoughts about the book changes.

Death Dance by Linda Fairstein
Death Dance by Linda Fairstein


Final Jeopardy by Linda Fairstein
Final Jeopardy by Linda Fairstein


Year of the Chick by Romi Moondi
Year of the Chick by Romi Moondi


"A book never changes, only our thoughts about the book change."

Bingo Barge Murder by Jessie Chandler
Bingo Barge Murder by Jessie Chandler


Have you read any of these books or anything by these authors?  What did you think?  What book(s) are you currently reading?





P.S., Should you decide to purchase one of these books through the links, Substance of Living will receive a small percentage and will help keep this blog going.

Please share me with your friends! Please forward this post to your friends or better yet share on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.  THANKS!  Your comments and help in spreading the news about this site is ALWAYS appreciated! 
Don't miss out on future articles. Have Substance of Living delivered directly to your inbox.
Substance of Living

Comments

  1. Hi Marie! Thanks so much for stopping by Restoration beauty and commenting on my book covers! I got the paper from Pick Your Plum! Thanks again for stopping by!
    Restoration Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Selene,

    Thank you! Your paper was really cool. I can see why you used Pick Your Plum. Wow!!!

    Cheers,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments and help in spreading the news about this site is ALWAYS appreciated!

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Thrift Store Wedding

Thinking about Thanksgiving - Part 1

Pumpkin Carving Ideas