What do you think of the name "The Traveler" for a drink? When I made this the other night, it made me feel a bit like a big city dweller at the same time a world sea traveler.
The two drinks that I chose to combine for The Traveler are the Cosmopolitan (more widely known as the Cosmo) and the Salty Dog.
Ingredients1/2 oz. Triple Sec
1 1/2 oz. Vodka
Splash of Lemon Lime Soda
* Garnish with a sugared rim or a wedge of orange dipped in colored sugar.
- In a shaker add ice, vodka, triple sec, and grapefruit juice. Shake vigorously.
- Strain into a chilled margarita or martini glass.
- Add a splash of lemon/lime soda.
- To garnish the rim of a glass, lightly dip the top of the glass in water, juice or rub a piece of fruit or rind around the edge of the glass top.
- After wetting the glass top, rub in salt/sugar/cinnamon/or any other garnish.
- We wanted to see how the taste and look would alter so we added a touch of grenadine (maraschino cherry juice would also work).
- For those of you who may have people that are under the legal drinking age, or if you are under the legal drinking age, this drink can still be enjoyed without the addition of vodka.
This was a really refreshing drink and the grenadine added a slight sweetness.
So, are you a Traveler?
Tweet this Post
P.S., I was not endorsed in any way for this recipe or the use of any of the products. Please be responsible when drinking alcoholic beverages and keep away from anyone under the legal age in your area.
Please share me with your friends!
If you enjoyed this post, please do a friend and me a BIG favor and forward this email. If you received this email from a friend and you'd like to see more, please sign up today. Don't miss out on future articles. Have Substance of Living delivered directly to your inbox. THANKS!