|Welcome to 2014!|
January is a time of newness. We put away our holiday decorations and prepare ourselves for the future. Many of us have resolutions, set annual goals or financial goals, create a visual board, or choose a word to help guide us through the new year.
My word for last year was RELEASE. I worked on letting go.
- Release my past. Moving on and looking forward.
- Letting go of clothes that no longer belong in my closet whether they still have the price tag or not.
- Paired down my book collection.
- Released negativity.
- Relinquished control and allowed others to help.
Each of us has a purpose and that purpose for this life may change throughout our time here on earth. One of my purposes in life is to reach as many people as possible and share a moment with them. You and I may not physically meet but we still have a connection. Thanks to modern technology and the advent of the internet, you could literally be in another country or next door and we can connect. I really do read each email and am in awe of the friendships I've been able to make through this website.
So, with PASSION being my operative word for the year, the continuation of releasing will have to take place in order to delve deeper and allow my passion to shine through.
Last year I said I'd like to ...
- Host at least four parties in my home. - Yes!
- Become more active in the performing arts. - Yes!
- Plant bushes and flowers around the patio in the back yard. Any suggestions? - Yes!
- Install an efficient lawn sprinkler. - Yes!
- Continue bringing you more of the items you've enjoyed the most here at Substance of Living. - How did we do and what more or new would you like to see?
- Strengthen my friendships both face-to-face and across the miles, that includes those of you I've had the enjoyment to meet here. - Yes! I've had the privilege to meet new friends and will continue to reach out. What a fun year attending blog parties and link-ups.
This year I'd like to ...
- Strengthen my friendships both face-to-face and across the miles, that includes those of you I've had the enjoyment to meet here.
- Continue bringing you more of the items you've enjoyed the most here at Substance of Living.
- Join and become active in a Body, Mind, Soul group.
- Continue hosting Giveaways.
- Seek Guest Bloggers to bring you fresh ideas and tutorials.
- Attend blog conferences and parties.
- Have you share with me the direction in which you'd like to see this website grow. Do you want more healthy recipes, learn more about living a vegan life, join me in finding passion?
- Bring you more books for our monthly book club. Any suggestions?
Here is a fun teaser to get your year started:
- D W O R
- S L R O N I E O U T
- E T O F N E U R
- R E A L E C E B T
- L A G O S
How did you do? If you were able to figure them all out, Congratulations! If not, it was just a fun game to occupy some time and entertain.
DH and I wish you the best this year. We hope you had a good 2013 and hope that 2014 will surpass your expectations.
What are your goals for 2014? Do you choose a single word or a phrase to keep you focused on for the year?
Please remember to send in your Visual Board so we can post it.
Please share me with your friends! Please forward this post to your friends or better yet share on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. THANKS! Your comments and help in spreading the news about this site is ALWAYS appreciated! Be sure to sign up to receive future articles delivered directly to your inbox.