DH has this thing about our grass while I tend to be more about the plants in the yard. Our differences make us a good team, as I'm sure you can understand.
I don't remember who gave us this schedule to care for our fescue lawn but it never failed us. We followed this schedule and had the most beautiful lawn. It was lush, thick, healthy, and weed-free. We have shared our "little secret" throughout the years one at a time and now we'd like to share it with you.
The time schedule may have to be moved a bit depending on your region; we are in the Carolinas.
Fescue Lawn Maintenance Schedule
- February 25 (or somewhere between February 20th and March 1st) - Fertilize and Crabgrass Preventor
- March 7 - Lime 30 pounds/1000 square feet
- April 7 - Weed and Feed
- May 20 - Fertilize and Crabgrass Preventor
- June 15 - Lime 20 pounds/1000 square feet
- July - Iron Chelate
- August - Iron Chelate
- September 4 - Aerate, Lime 30 pounds/1000 square feet, Fertilize 10-10-10 10 pounds/1000 square feet, Seed
- October 10 - (5 weeks after seeding) Fertilize Starter 18-25-10 6 pounds/1000 square feet
- November 20 - (5 weeks after fertilizing) Fertilize, Weed and Feed
P.S., What type of lawn do you have and what maintenance schedule do you use?
Please share me with your friends! Please forward this post to your friends or better yet share on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. THANKS! Your comments and help in spreading the news about this site is ALWAYS appreciated! Be sure to sign up to receive future articles delivered directly to your inbox.