Have you every wondered how you are supposed to “find the right person for the job”? With these guidelines you can quickly assess a prospective hire or at the very least know some key areas to bring up in conversation.
How to spot the right person for any job, whether you are hiring a new team member or someone to paint a room in your house:
- They are busy people
- They know how to prioritize. They are good time managers.
- They are goal oriented
- Which means they are ambitious.
- They are not the “sales type”
- They attract not attack. They want to build relationships not one-time acquaintances.
- They don’t know a lot of people
- If they are new to the area or just starting out, they will be much more likely to want to develop a strong reputation.
- They are good decision makers and not procrastinators
- They don’t see themselves as victims of circumstance. Not all the lights on the road are green at the same time!
- They are family or community oriented
- They are motivated by the needs of those around them.
Do you fit all six categories? Have you found yourself in a position that you needed to make new friends or business associates? Where did you go and how did you find them?